On 7th January 1967, members of the members of the Manned Space Flight Network Inspection Team, led by George Mueller, visited Tidbinbilla to see progress on installation of the MSFN Wing, in preparation for Apollo.
1. Gerald M. Truszynski, Associate Administrator Office of Tracking and Data Acquisition.
2. George Mueller, Associate Administrator for Manned Space Flight.
3. Dick Fahnestock, JPL Representative to Australia. (Note the Surveyor tie-pin he is wearing.)
4. Don Gray, Deputy Station Director, Tidbinbilla (MSFN Wing).
Photo by Hamish Lindsay using his medium format Rolleiflex, scan by Colin Mackellar. Larger version on request.
On 7th January 1967, Manned Space Flight Network Inspection Team members, Ozro Covington and John Stevenson converse with Tidbinbilla staff in the MSFN Apollo Wing.
At left are the S-Band Receiver/Exciters. Behind Mike Dinn is the Ranging equipment. Behind the glass partition is the Wire Room.
Left to right:
1. Ozro Covington, Goddard Assistant Director for Manned Space Flight.
2. John D. Stevenson, former USAF Major General, and – from 1967 – Director of Mission Operations in the Office of Manned Space Flight. (He appears to be holding a copy of this 1965 booklet about Tidbinbilla. 9.5MB PDF file.)
3. Back to camera – unidentified.
4. Mike Dinn, Deputy Station Director, Tidbinbilla (DSN).
5. Tony Saville, Communications Supervisir, Tidbinbilla.
Photo by Hamish Lindsay, scan by Colin Mackellar
Larger version on request.
Bob Cudmore (Spacetrack chief engineer), Mike Dinn (Deputy Director), Lord Richard Casey (Governor-General of Australia), John Galbraith (Spacetrack Manager). 28th August 1967.